Wednesday 13 March 2013

Bunny Bunting

Although it doesn't feel like Spring here yet, Easter is just a couple of weeks away and I knew I wanted to make some homemade crafts to decorate the house! I love Bloom Designs so of course that was my go to place to look for some ideas and as soon as I saw this Burlap Banner I knew it was the perfect piece to make!


You will need:

Burlap (or Hessian for UK girls)
Paint
Ribbon
Paint Brush
Scissors
Glue
Pom Poms (optional)



First Cut out the stencil from Bloom Designs  and then cut out all the flags from the burlap.


I then stencilled on all the bunnies! Be sure to use lots of paint because the material sucked a lot of it up! (I used acrylic paint and also some regular Dulux wall paint tester pots as I didn't want to go and buy new paint).


After letting them drying I glued on the pom poms for tails.



And then I just glued the flags along the ribbon. I made 6 flags and used 3 meters of ribbon so I had plenty of extra to tie the the banner up with. I glued the flags approximately 4 inches apart.


And there we go you have some adorable Bunny Bunting. I was so pleased with how it turned out. I just need to find the perfect place to hang it since I'm not putting it out in the rain and snow! 




5 comments:

  1. Fantastic easter idea! Stopping by me to see my easter tree.. we can follow eachother!
    Peace Kisses and love!! Have a fun!
    FEDERICA
    FROM ROME
    smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how much I love this!! Adorable!!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun DIY idea!
    I will definitely try this out!
    Love your blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)